CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Portage Lakes Fireworks 2009

It had been a tradition that I take the kids to the fireworks at Portage Lakes since Hannah was a baby. The major draw back of having a husband who is a cop is that he has worked and will work every 4th of July fireworks for the rest of our life. (Well someone has to direct all that traffic!! hehe..) So the big debate begins. Do I try to take all four of my children by myself to the fireworks?? I have always said from the day the twins were born ..would I do it if I would of only had one? Don't get me wrong dragging 2 year old twins around with you isn't always a picnic. But I feel that they should never miss out because it isn't as easy with two! So we picked up Meg & Lilly and off we went. It was an awesome 35 minute display.
Emily getting ready.
Me & Andrew at his FIRST fireworks
Me & Ava at HER first fireworks...LOL
ohh Andrew could you be any funnier?
Before the show started I was pointing out the boats on the lake to Andrew.
Boats.. boats...he was chattering over and over and over.
Then finally with the first crack of the fireworks he froze... paused for a minute.... and began screaming and clapping.. ..the boats...the boats.. ..
"Where'd the boats go??" he would say between the booms.
"There the boats!!" he would scream as they exploded in the sky.
hehe... ONLY ANDREW!
Emily & Lilly
Hannah... and yes it was freezing in July??
Ava eating her McDonald's ( another part of our tradition)

0 comments:

Post a Comment